Nov 16, 2011

Salvaged Wood

"I would assume that the debris would be so damaged and broken up that it would not be usable so you still need to find a source. If you don't have enough salvaged wood locally, look for FSC wood. You could always used salvaged wood on the interior for floors or beams. If you don't know waht FSC wood is, look it up so you will know."

AF

http://www.greenecoservices.com/reclaimed-wood-salvage-fsc-timber-new-jersey/

Before I did anything else, I did a little bit of research on FSC wood and what I learned is that the FSC, or Forest Stewardship Council, is a non-profit organization devoted to encouraging the responsible management of the world’s forests. FSC sets high standards that ensure forestry is practiced in an environmentally responsible, socially beneficial, and economically viable way. My mentor also provided me with a link of local warehouses that can provide this approved wood.


Windows

No comments:

Post a Comment