Jan 3, 2012

LEED Core and Shell

After talking to my mentor, she gave me some advice and suggested that I use the LEED program to ensure that the building will be considered "green" based on a point system.  She gave me two different scales to base my design off of; a LEED Core and Shell or LEED Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance.  After carefully reading both sections, I opted for the Core and Shell design.

"LEED for Core & Shell is a green building rating system for designers, builders, developers and new building owners who want to address sustainable design for new core and shell construction. Core and shell covers base building elements such as structure, envelope and the HVAC system. LEED for Core & Shell is designed to be complementary to the LEED for Commercial Interiors rating system, as both rating systems establish green building criteria for developers, owners and tenants."


No comments:

Post a Comment